Dobbin & Sullivan Limited understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all of our buyers, sellers, website visitors, prospective customers and clients and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
- Information About Us
- What Does This Notice Cover?
This Privacy Information explains how we use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
- What Is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (collectively, “the Data Protection Legislation”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
The personal data that we use is set out in Part 5, below.
- What Are My Rights?
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more or to ask any questions using the details in Part 10.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 9 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Part 10 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we hold. Please contact us using the details in Part 10 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to withdraw consent. This means that, if we are relying on your consent as the legal basis for using your personal data, you are free to withdraw that consent at any time.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in Part 10.
It is important that your personal data is kept accurate and up-to-date. If any of the personal data we hold about you changes, please keep us informed as long as we have that data.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. We would welcome the opportunity to resolve your concerns ourselves however, so please contact us first, using the details in Part 10.
- What Personal Data Do You Collect and How?
In order to provide lettings and sales services to our clients, we are required to process certain information about tenants and purchasers. We will only ask for details that are necessary to help you find or complete a transaction on a property. This includes details such as your name, email address, telephone number(s), credit records, workplace, professional specialism(s), bank statement, solicitor’s details, and other required information.
Where appropriate and in accordance with regulatory or legal requirements, we may also collect information related to your immigration status, sources of funds or details of any misconduct our clients may need to know about. We also collect your bank details to process payment of fees for other services which you contract from Dobbin & Sullivan. We may use your email address and property requirement to send you relevant properties throughout your search, but you are free to opt-out and close your property search at any time, or ask to be removed from our database.
If you are a buyer or a landlord, we need to collect and use information about you, or individuals at your organisation, in the course of providing you services such as:
- providing you with support in letting or selling your property (or assisting another organisation to do so)
We will only collect what is necessary to carry out a service and for regulatory or legal requirements. We also ask for your bank details to process any fees payable or for payments for other services that you have instructed Dobbin & Sullivan to provide.
We need a limited amount of information from our Suppliers to ensure that we can facilitate services or property transactions. To do this, we will ask for company email addresses and phone numbers of relevant individuals at your organisation so that we can communicate with you/them. We also need other information such as your bank details so that we can pay for the services you provide if this is part of the contractual arrangements between us.
Dobbin & Sullivan will collect your data through the following sources;
DIRECTLY FROM YOU
Personal data might be given to us through a number of ways including via:
- Entering your details on the website to subscribe to our mailing list
- Entering your details on the website to submit an enquiry about a property or service
- An application form, as part of the landlord/seller/buyer/tenant registration process
- A form or other request for information about Dobbin & Sullivan or a property(ies)
- A form to act as a guarantor
- Contacting us with enquiries or comments by telephone, email or hard copy correspondence
- Collecting your data through a contractual or commercial relationship with you
- Very rarely, but occasionally, we may obtain an email or mailing list through a reputable source in order to reach a new audience we think might be interested in our services
FROM A THIRD PARTY
- Personal data may be given to us by another organisation you have registered with and we may be required to process your data in order to complete services that you or the organisation expects of us. This could include one of the following:
- Property portals (Rightmove, Zoopla, etc.)
- Credit Reference Agencies
- Other regulatory bodies to check your financial conduct or history to comply with Anti-Money Laundering legislation or other legal. Regulatory instruments we are bound by.
WEBSITE USERS: We collect your data automatically through cookies when you visit our website, in line with cookie settings in your browser. We may collect information about your computer, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual unless you choose to complete a form. More information on cookies and the data they capture on our site are below.
- How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the Data Protection Legislation, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. The personal information we record is used to communicate with you following a request for information about a property/properties or service which Dobbin & Sullivan provide.
Personal Data will be used to;
- Communicate with you
- Asses queries and enquiries
- Provide you with the services you have requested
- Carry out administrative tasks
- To notify you of products & services that may be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe from this at any time once your registration has been processed. You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing
- For statistical or survey purposes to improve this website and its services to you
- Invoicing and billing
- Payment of fees
- Comply with relevant laws and legislation
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message or post with information, news, and offers on our property or services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Legislation and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out. We will always obtain your express opt-in consent before sharing your personal data with third parties for marketing purposes and you will be able to opt-out at any time.
We will only use your personal data for the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected unless we reasonably believe that another purpose is compatible with that or those original purpose(s) and need to use your personal data for that purpose. If we do use your personal data in this way and you wish us to explain how the new purpose is compatible with the original, please contact us using the details in Part 10.
If we need to use your personal data for a purpose that is unrelated to, or incompatible with, the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, we will inform you and explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
In some circumstances, where permitted or required by law, we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent. This will only be done within the bounds of the Data Protection Legislation and your legal rights.
- How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
- How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
We will only store or transfer your personal data within the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the Data Protection Legislation.
- Do You Share My Personal Data?
No other third parties have access to your personal data unless it is specifically required to meet either contractual obligations or the legitimate interests of the company as defined under Article 5 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If at any time you do not wish to receive further information about us and our services, all communications will provide an easy opt-out and opportunity to update preferences. If you want to be removed from all databases, please contact us using the details in Part 10.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
If any of your personal data is shared with a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law.
- How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 10. To make this as easy as possible for you, a Subject Access Request Form is available for you to use. You do not have to use this form, but it is the easiest way to tell us everything we need to know to respond to your request as quickly as possible.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will aim respond to your subject access request within 14 days and, in any case, not more than one month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
- How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details (for the attention of Nick Sullivan):
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 0208 221 9610.
Postal Address: Burrows House, 415 High Street, Stratford, London, E15 4QZ.
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection. Future variations become effective by posting on this website. Your subsequent use of this website or submission of personal information to Dobbin & Sullivan will be deemed to signify your acceptance to the variations.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 5th March 2019.